Veritas Privacy Statement
Veritas Bioactives (hereafter “Veritas”) collects personal information in order to serve you and communicate with you. This Privacy Statement explains how Veritas uses and discloses your personal information and answers specific questions that you may have regarding privacy and security. If you have additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Privacy Statement applies mainly to the operation of U.S. websites.
Veritas’ global affiliates may have additional privacy statements which are specifically tailored to the laws in those countries. Those privacy statements are available when you click on "privacy" in the footer of our affiliate websites.
Types of Personal Information
This Privacy Statement explains our practices with regard to "Personal Information." Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. It also includes other information that may be associated with such Personal Information. Examples of types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, email address, mailing address, email address or phone numbers.
- Relationship Information that helps us understands your interests, including information about products, treatments and health conditions that are of interest to you.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with Veritas, including purchases, inquiries, and information about how you use the Veritas websites and applications.
- Financial Account Information, such as your credit card number or Social Security number, as needed to process payments and provide reimbursement services.
- Geo-location Information, as may be transmitted to us by your smart phone or other location-aware devices.
- Job Applicant Information, to process your job application, such as your Contact Information, resume, previous work experience, education, transcript, driver’s license information, social security number or national identification number and information relating to references.
How Veritas Collects Personal Information
In many cases, we collect Personal Information directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Information when you interact with us, such as registering on our websites, using any interactive features or applications, sign up to receive a newsletter or a rebate, or make a direct purchase, or apply for employment. We may collect additional information from third party data suppliers who enhance our files or from social media sites such as Facebook, if you like our pages or join our communities.
How Veritas Uses Personal Information
Veritas may use your Personal Information for its business purposes, such as to:
- To respond to your requests for information, products, services, including managing your online accounts with us and providing warranty service for certain products;
- To provide you with general health information (such as information on certain health conditions) as well as information about our products and services;
- Provide you with marketing communications and offers for products and services;
- To administer promotional programs, such as sweepstakes, rewards, and rebate programs;
- To determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or programs;
- If you have a business or professional relationship with Veritas, to develop our business relationship with you;
- If you apply for a job via our career center, to consider you for employment;
- For our research and development efforts;
- To anonymize data so that it is no longer Personal Information
- For product safety, such as adverse event reporting or to communicate product safety information to you; and
- For other everyday business purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, website administration, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
Why Personal Information Is Disclosed by Veritas
Veritas does not sell, share or otherwise distribute your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. Veritas will share your Personal Information only in compliance with any obligations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and other applicable laws. For example, we will share your Personal Information as follows:
- We may share your Personal Information with your consent or as you direct. For example, we may share information with your doctor as part of programs in which you agree to participate.
- We may share your Personal Information with our affiliated companies and product co-promotion partners, which may only use your Personal Information for the purposes listed herein.
- We may share your Personal Information with our service providers, who are bound by law or contract to protect your Personal Information and only use your Personal Information in accordance with our instructions. For example, we may share your Personal Information with vendors who provide data processing or fulfillment services for us.
- We may also disclose Personal Information where needed to affect the sale or transfer of business assets, to investigate legal issues, enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions.
- We may also disclose Personal Information when requested under legal process or otherwise required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
- Please note that we may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may publish reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our customers. These reports do not contain any information that would enable the recipient to contact, locate or identify you.
Disclosure to Subsequent Owner or Operator
If all or part of Veritas is sold or merged into another entity, the information we have about you may be transferred to a third party as part of that transaction. We will try to assure that no personally identifiable information that is transferred will be used or shared in a manner inconsistent with this Privacy Statement without your consent. However, in the event of a sale or merger, your continued use of this site signifies your agreement to be bound by the privacy statement and other applicable terms of the subsequent owner or operator.
Consent to Processing in the United States and Elsewhere
This site is owned and operated by Veritas in the United States, but the information you provide will be accessible to our affiliates, vendors, and suppliers in other countries. Furthermore, if you are visiting this site from another country, other than the United States, your communication with us will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. The level of legal protection for personal information is not the same in all countries. However, we will take the security measures described in this Privacy Statement in an effort to keep your information secure. By using this site, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your information in the United States and in any country to which we may transfer your information in the course of our business operations.
Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information about the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to Veritas and the website you visit after you leave our site.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use the information we collect about all website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
In some cases, we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information. This Privacy Statement governs how we use that all of this information when we associate it with your Personal Information.
Social Media Plugins
This website uses social medial plugins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button, “Share to Twitter” button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our website, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) while browsing on our website, the social plugins allow that social media websites to share information about your activities on our website with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allows Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allows you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on our website. Veritas does not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites, you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Websites linked to this Privacy Statement do not currently respond to these “do-not-track” signals.
You can always limit the information you provide to Veritas. You can also limit the communications that Veritas sends to you by following a simple opt-out process. Simply follow the instructions in our emails to opt-out of receiving future marketing communications.
Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional emails, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information about your account or your shipments. For example, even if you opt-out of emails, we will still send you a confirmation when you purchase something from our website as well as product safety communications.
Allergan has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard your Personal Information from unlawful use and unauthorized disclosure
Privacy Policies of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Veritas. We may provide links to outside websites or advertisements for third parties that have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. Our independent dealers, suppliers and business partners have their own privacy statements too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
The Veritas website and applications are not intended to attract children, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information of anyone under the age of 13. If you believe your child is using our website, please contact us at PRIVACY@veritasbioactives.com so we can investigate and delete any inappropriate information.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, your privacy choices, or this Privacy Statement. You can always reach us online at PRIVACY@veritasbioactives.com You can reach us via mail at the address below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and information about the communication that you do not want to receive.
Attention: Privacy Office
7004 Bee Cave Rd. Ste. 3-310
Austin, TX 78746 USA
If you have applied for employment with Veritas, the Personal Information submitted with your job application will be used to process and consider your job application. Veritas will not sell the information on your application to unaffiliated third-parties for their marketing purposes. We may share the information on your applications with recruiters, consultants, attorneys, background services and our affiliates. The information on your application may also be used for certain regulatory, compliance and legal purposes, consistent with this Privacy Statement.
To the extent the Personal Information you provide contains details of your: racial or ethnic origin; political opinions or beliefs; religious beliefs; membership in a trade union or political party; physical or mental health condition; sexual life; commission (or alleged commission) of an offence or related proceedings; job evaluations or educational records, you expressly authorize Allergan to handle such details for the purposes of your job application and for the other purposes described herein.
By submitting information to us online, you are sending it to the United States, where it will be subject to the protections afforded under US laws that may be different from the laws in your country and which your country may consider not to provide adequate privacy protections. If you do not agree that your submission of your application information will be governed solely by United States law, Veritas will not accept your application.